Exercise is not only good for building muscles but also an excellent way to improve your mood. Begin and end your exercise routine with stretching. Gentle stretching will warm up your muscles before you work out and will relax your muscles after your work out. Always discuss big changes to your diet and exercise routines with a doctor before you get started.
- Begin with a calf stretch. Stand at arm’s length away from a wall and put your right foot behind your left foot. Bend your left leg forward, but keep your right leg straight and grounded on the floor. Hold the stretch for about 30 seconds; then switch to the other leg.
- Stretch out your hamstrings. Lie on the floor near a wall or door-frame. Raise your left leg and place your heel against the wall. Straighten your leg until you feel a stretch at the back of your thigh. Hold this for about 30 seconds; then stretch the other leg.
- Do a hip flex or stretch. Kneel on your right knee and put your left foot in front of you. Shift your body weight as you lean forward onto your left leg. You should feel a stretch in your right thigh. Hold this for about 30 seconds; then stretch the other side.
- Stretch your shoulders. Bring your left arm across your chest and hold it with your right arm. Hold the stretch for about 30 seconds; repeat on the other side.
- Go to the gym 3 to 5 times per week. Work out for half an hour to an hour, combining both cardio and strength training programs. Experts recommend getting at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity every week. Aim to do strength training at least twice a week.
Exercise in your neighborhood. Go for a jog or take your dog for a walk. Make sure that you move at a moderate pace for at least 30 minutes.
Enjoy rigorous daily activities: Both high-intensity gardening and housekeeping can exercise your body. You can also incorporate more activity into your daily routine by taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away from shops, and taking a quick walk on your lunch break.
Ditch your car: Walk or bike to your destination instead. If you use public transportation, try getting off a few stops early and walk the rest of the way.
Improving the quality meats Jamaicans consume. Our naturally raised, anti-biotic free products are available with just a few clicks!